Alta Mogiana region is a traditional coffee region covering the north east of the state of Sao Paulo and some cities in the state of Minas Gerais. The tradition of producing the best coffees comes due to natural conditions such as altitude, climate, and ideal rainfall and because of extensive experience in growing and processing specialty coffees. Known worldwide for producing Arabica coffees of exceptional quality, with a distinct profile, featuring balanced body and acidity, excellent natural sweetness and caramelised fragrance, the region is located on a plateau with an altitude between 800 meters and 1200 meters, in Pedregulhoo, one of the highest cities of the region and the state.
Brazilian coffees are well-known as a symbol of chocolaty and nutty coffee. Onix lot 005 is a coffee that is produced under a very careful and highly controlled management, which makes a very unique and high quality natural coffee.
How this coffee is roasted
To highlight the characteristics of this Onix lot 005, it is slightly more developed than the other single origin coffees. This enhances the dark chocolate note as well as delicious fruity characteristics.
- Origin: Brazil
- Region: Pedregulho, Alto Mogiana
- Farm: Onix
- Altitude: 948 masl
- Variety: Catuai
- Process: Natural
- Best Ageing Window: 16-23 days
- Best as: Espresso, Pourover Filter
How to brew this coffee
- Espresso: 20g dose, 40g beverage yield, 25s extraction time
- Flavour Profile: Cacao, mandarin, red apple, almond
- Milk: 23g dose, 42g beverage yield, 28s extraction time, 150g milk
- Flavour Profile: Chocolate, soft citrus, roasted almond
- Pourover Filter: 15g dose, 45g water + 30s blooming, 2m 00s extraction time, total 225g water
- Brewing Method: Chanho-Tornado (Click here to see details of the brewing method)
- Flavour Profile: Cacao, mandarin, cranberry, red apple, almond, hazelnut