Fazenda Santuario Sul is a 120-hectare farm, 80 hectares of which are planted in coffee. Among the 30 varieties and cultivars grown there (which include the heirloom Ethiopian landrace type Rume Sudan) are SL28, which was selected for this specific lot. The heirloom varieties and very high altitude contribute to the exceptional quality of the farm's coffee.
Never had this such amazing taste before! It's definitely not like other Brazilian coffees. It has a bright citric acid along with fruity characteristics and clean cup.
How this coffee is roasted
This coffee is light roasted but well developed to enhance its sweetness in order to support its brightness.
- Origin: Brazil
- Region: Carmo de Minas
- Farm: Fazenda Santuario Sul
- Altitude: 1,400masl
- Variety: SL28
- Process: Washed
- Best Ageing Window: 16-23 days
- Best as: Espresso, Pourover Filter
How to brew this coffee
- Espresso: 20g dose, 40g beverage yield, 25s extraction time
- Flavour Profile: cranberry, grapefruit, cacao
- Milk: 23g dose, 42g beverage yield, 32s extraction time, 150g milk
- Flavour Profile: caramel, milk chocolate
- Pourover Filter: 15g dose, 45g water + 30s blooming, 2m 20s extraction time, total 225g water
- Brewing Method: Chanho-Tornado (Click here to see details of the brewing method)
- Flavour Profile: cranberry, grapefruit, caramel, dark chocolate