Albeiro Muñoz along with his wife produce coffee on their farm Finca El Deseo in the La Union district of the famed Nariño region of Colombia. This particular lot is a unique coffee for a Colombian producer as its 100% from the Catuai varietal. Catuai is grown widely in Brazil, where it flourishes and produces great coffee but has been scarcely grown outside of Brazil. Albeiro was gifted some seeds by a Brazilian coffee farmer he met in Bogota 5 years ago and went right ahead planting and cultivating it. Our coffee sourcing partners, Cofinet, were suprised to find the varietal growing and even more atonished by the great flavour profile & complexity in the cup given it was a varietal largely adapted for the very different climate in Brazil.
Albeiro Munoz has a very classical flavour profile that good quality Colombian coffees have. In particular, its dark chocolate-like sweetness and citrus note such as mandarin are just beautiful in this cup.
How this coffee is roasted
This coffee is light roasted but well developed to enhance its sweetness and balance.
- Origin: Colombia
- Region: Narino
- Farm: Finca El Deseo
- Altitude: 1,750masl
- Variety: Caturra
- Process: Washed
- Best Ageing Window: 16-23 days
- Best as: Espresso, Pourover Filter
How to brew this coffee
- Espresso: 20g dose, 44g beverage yield, 26s extraction time
- Flavour Profile: mandarin, plum, cacao
- Milk: 23g dose, 46g beverage yield, 34s extraction time, 150g milk
- Flavour Profile: chocolate, mandarin, black tea
- Pourover Filter: 15g dose, 45g water + 30s blooming, 1m 45s extraction time, total 225g water
- Brewing Method: Chanho-Tornado (Click here to see details of the brewing method)
- Flavour Profile: dark chocolate, mandarin, plum, black tea