Faiber Bolaños is a member of the association of coffee producers called "Los Naranjos". His farm, Finca Esperanza, is a 3 hectare parcel planted with 15,000 Caturra trees. This specific offering was picked at optimum ripeness, depulped, fermented for 18 hours, washed 3 times, then moved to a parabolic dryer for a period of 15 days.
The association of Los Narnajos is a group of 52 farmers that have produced some of the highest quality coffee that we have seen come out of Huila. The sharing of techniques and practices between this group of producers is one of the most important factors in the progress of this association, and with an average farm size of 4 hectares, the success of the group is absolutely contingent upon the discipline of the individual.
Faiber Bolanos Pink Bourbon is a great quality washed coffee from Finca La Esperanza of Colombia. Not just like other ordinary Colombian coffees, it has a more delicate aroma, sweeter aftertaste as well as nice fruity flavour characteristics. In addition, the variety, pink bourbon, brings a deep sweetness as well as rounded body which will make the experience of this coffee so much better.
How this coffee is roasted
To enhance its sweetness and round mouthfeel, this coffee is med-light roasted. But to highlight its fruitiness, the total roasting time is shorter than usual. So, it would be great to grind a little coarser when brewing.
- Origin: Colombia
- Region: Huila
- Farm: Finca La Esperanza
- Altitude: 1,650
- Variety: Pink Bourbon
- Process: Washed
- Best Ageing Window: 14-21 days
- Best as: Espresso, Pourover Filter
How to brew this coffee
- Espresso: 20g dose, 42g beverage yield, 24s extraction time
- Flavour Profile: White peach, apricot, lemon, cacao
- Milk: 23g dose, 42g beverage yield, 30s extraction time, 150g milk
- Flavour Profile: Milk chocolate, malt, cacao
- Pourover Filter: 15g dose, 45g water + 30s blooming, 1m 40s extraction time, total 225g water
- Brewing Method: Chanho-Tornado (Click here to see details of the brewing method)
- Flavour Profile: White peach, nectarine, nougat, cacao