Jairo Arcila has been in the coffee industry for 43 years. Throughout this time he has dedicated his life to promoting specialty coffee from Colombia. Originating from a small town village called Gesha in Ethiopia. Gesha cherries are well known for producing some of the best quality coffee in the world. This Gesha is grown and hand picked at Finca Castellon. Cherries are then dry fermented for 14hrs to bring out their unequalled flavour. Beans are then dried on raised beds until they reach 10% moisture. With great cup clarity, jasmine scented, earl grey tea & strawberry this microlot is not to be missed.
This coffee has a very unique flavour profile. While deep fruity notes such as strawberry, plum and prune are expressed, unique spice flavours are also coming out of the cup. The combination of those special flavours gives you a very exciting experience.
How this coffee is roasted
So, this coffee is roasted a slightly more than other geishas to boost its sweetness and rich texture, which will ultimately enhance the balance of the coffee along with other complex flavours.
- Origin: Colombia
- Region: Circasia
- Farm: Castellon
- Altitude: 1,650masl
- Variety: Geisha
- Process: Carbonic Maceration Natural
- Best Ageing Window: 20-27 days
- Best as: Pourover Filter
How to brew this coffee
- Espresso: 19g dose, 48g beverage yield, 25s extraction time
- Flavour Profile: Dark choc, strawberry, plum, spice, mandarin, black tea
- Milk: 23g dose, 40g beverage yield, 33s extraction time, 150g milk
- Flavour Profile: Dark chocolate, stonefruits, mandarin
- Pourover Filter: 15g dose, 45g water + 30s blooming, 1m 35s extraction time, total 225g water
- Brewing Method: Chanho-Tornado (Click here to see details of the brewing method)
- Flavour Profile: Dark choc, strawberry, mandarin, cinnamon, brandy, cascara, plum, prune, black tea