Produced by Maria del Rosario and her family. For this microlot, cherries were strictly picked with the same level of ripeness. The cherries were then exposed to a dry anaerobic fermentation period of 35 hours. Finally, the cherries were pulped and shade-dried on parabolic beds until ideal moisture content was reached.
Maria del Rosario started growing Variedad Colombia in 2000. It wasn’t until 2006 when she sold her first specialty lot to the FNC and ever since she has focused her efforts in producing high quality coffee in order to achieve better prices and to continue supporting her family.
Washed caturra is a very common combination of coffee variety and processing method in Colombia. This coffee, Maria del Rosario is a classical clean and balanced coffee that has sweet fruity flavours as well as vibrant acidity.
How this coffee is roasted
This coffee is roasted with a light profile to enhance its fruitiness and vibrant acidity.
- Origin: Colombia
- Region: Tolima
- Farm: Maria del Rosario
- Altitude: 1,950masl
- Variety: Caturra
- Process: Washed
- Best Ageing Window: 16-23 days
- Best as: Espresso, Pourover Filter
How to brew this coffee
- Espresso: 20g dose, 44g beverage yield, 26s extraction time
- Flavour Profile: Lemon, plum. red apple, cacao
- Milk: 23g dose, 44g beverage yield, 34s extraction time, 150g milk
- Flavour Profile: Dark chocolate, raspberry, honey
- Pourover Filter: 15g dose, 45g water + 30s blooming, 1m 50s extraction time, total 225g water
- Brewing Method: Chanho-Tornado (Click here to see details of the brewing method)
- Flavour Profile: Lemon, raspberry, plum, red apple, cacao