Located on soft, volcanic clay within the Apaneca Mountains of El Salvador, Finca Himalaya cultivates much of their coffee under shade grown conditions, using cypress and pine trees to provide habitat for bees, rabbits, butterflies and a wide variety of birdlife. They use African drying beds, partly shaded from the wind, to slowly dry the coffee and ensure an even and controlled drying process. Coffee has been grown on the farm since 1875, and it has a reputation within El Salvador of being the first “specialty coffee farm” in the country.
Pacamara is one of the most exotic coffee varieties. Especially when it is from its mother country, El Salvador, pacamaras have its own unique flavours such as citrus, rose and chocolate. This pacamara, from Finca Himalaya, has it too. Its rose aroma is very delicate while other fruity notes and chocolate are delicious.
How this coffee is roasted
This coffee is light roasted to enhance its sweetness and balance.
- Origin: El Salvador
- Region: Apaneca
- Farm: Finca Himalaya
- Altitude: 1,500masl
- Variety: Pacamara
- Process: Natural
- Best Ageing Window: 17-24 days
- Best as: Pourover Filter, Espresso
How to brew this coffee
- Espresso: 20g dose, 42g beverage yield, 24s extraction time
- Flavour Profile: orange, strawberry, cacao
- Milk: 23g dose, 44g beverage yield, 30s extraction time, 150g milk
- Flavour Profile: strawberry cheese cake, milk chocolate
- Pourover Filter: 15g dose, 45g water + 30s blooming, 1m 30s extraction time, total 225g water
- Brewing Method: Chanho-Tornado (Click here to see details of the brewing method)
- Flavour Profile: rose, strawberry, orange, dark chocolate