The Anasora washing station is a newcomer, built in 2018 and privately owned by Israel Degfa. Israel Degfa is renowned for overseeing the production of some of the most well-known lots being served in cafés around the world. Anasora washing station was built on the banks of the river Turo, in Guji. This lot sees 300 smallholder producers in the Oromo community bring in coffee cherries.
At an altitude between 2000-2250 metres above sea level, coffee cherries mature very slowly making the beans look different. The profile has some spicy notes and lots of complexity. This lot goes through a stringent washed process, before being put into fermentation tanks for 76 hours. The coffee is then dried for 21 days on raised African beds.
In addition to offering both fixed and secondary, quality-based premiums. Israel also supports the community with micro-finance to fund production and modern crop husbandry courses.
Ethiopians are well-known for fruitiness and floral characteristics. This coffee, Anasora washed has a beautiful green tea-like note which makes the cup so pleasant. Especially, the high elevation has generated a vibrant fruitiness and acidity to this coffee which makes this coffee so much better.
How this coffee is roasted
This coffee is roasted with a light profile for its citrus and stonefruits note as well as the green tea flavour.
- Origin: Ethiopia
- Region: Oromia, Sidamo
- Farm: Anasora
- Altitude: 2,100-2,250masl
- Variety: Heirloom
- Process: Washed
- Best Ageing Window: 14-21 days
- Best as: Pourover Filter, Espresso
How to brew this coffee
- Espresso: 20g dose, 44g beverage yield, 20s extraction time
- Flavour Profile: Green tea, mandarin, peach
- Milk: 23g dose, 42g beverage yield, 29s extraction time, 150g milk
- Flavour Profile: White chocolate, canned peach, milk tea
- Pourover Filter: 15g dose, 45g water + 30s blooming, 1m 30s extraction time, total 225g water
- Brewing Method: Chanho-Tornado (Click here to see details of the brewing method)
- Flavour Profile: Green tea, mandarin, lime candy, white peach, apricot