Ethiopia may be the birthplace of coffee, but is it a complex country when it comes to regions and identification. An Ethiopian coffee can be identified in various ways, including region, zone, processing mill or simply by a local name. Shakisso is a region named after a town of the same name in southern Ethiopia. Located in the Guji Zone of the Oromia Region, this town has an elevation of 1758 meters above sea level. It lies within the Sidamo region. Coffees from this region have strong berry aromatics with orange acidity and caramel/toffee sweetness.
Natural Ethiopia is back! it's been so long for the juicy fruity natural Ethiopian! This is the first natural Ethiopian we release in 2021. This Guji Shakiso has an amazing juiciness as well as sweet fruit flavours such as orange, peach, blueberry and nectarine, which are just delicious!
How this coffee is roasted
To enhance those fruit-forward quality, this coffee is roasted lightly.
- Origin: Ethiopia
- Region: Sidamo Guji
- Farm: Shakiso
- Altitude: 1,800-2,000masl
- Variety: Heirloom
- Process: Natural
- Best Ageing Window: 15-22 days
- Best as: Espresso, Pourover Filter
How to brew this coffee
- Espresso: 20g dose, 46g beverage yield, 22s extraction time
- Flavour Profile: lemon, orange, blueberry, stonefruits, chamomile
- Milk: 23g dose, 44g beverage yield, 30s extraction time, 150g milk
- Flavour Profile: citrus, milk chocolate
- Pourover Filter: 15g dose, 45g water + 30s blooming, 2m 00s extraction time, total 225g water
- Brewing Method: Chanho-Tornado (Click here to see details of the brewing method)
- Flavour Profile: lemonade, orange, peach, blueberry, nectarine, chamomile