This Ethiopian coffee is from Sidamo, Guji, and is a washed processed heirloom that has floral, citrus, stonefruits characteristics. Through the machine, it brings sweet fruity flavours with a silky texture.
Not like other washed Ethiopians which are mainly floral, this Sidamo Guji has a more fruitiness. This fruity characteristics makes this coffee more special in the cup.
How this coffee is roasted
This coffee is medium dark roasted to develop a full body and sweetness.
- Origin: Ethiopia
- Region: Sidamo
- Farm: Guji
- Altitude: 1,800-1,900
- Variety: Heirloom
- Process: Washed
- Best Ageing Window: 14-21 days
- Best as: Espresso and Milk
How to brew this coffee
- Espresso: 20g dose, 37g beverage yield, 18s extraction time
- Flavour Profile: Citrus, stonefruit, dark chocolate
- Milk: 23g dose, 40g beverage yield, 30s extraction time, 150g milk
- Flavour Profile: Milk chocolate, stronefruit, cacao
- Pourover Filter: 15g dose, 45g water + 30s blooming, 1m 20s extraction time, total 225g water
- Brewing Method: Chanho-Tornado (Click here to see details of the brewing method)
- Flavour Profile: Orange, stonefruit, green tea, dark chocolate