Ever heard of an “African Massage”? Travel to the Uraga washing station near the town of Dilla in the back of a 4WD and you’ll get the experience for free, as you bump up and down, side to side along rough mountain road! This washing station is the epitome of the Ethiopian coffee experience; spectacular views of the surrounding mountains from the ridge upon which Uraga is located. Every lot delivered to this station is sorted with meticulous precision so that only the most perfect red cherries are selected for our specialised CM processing.
Uraga Gomoro Purple is a deep fruity natural processed coffee that has purple coloured fruity characteristics. Its fruity sensation is just juicy, creamy and rounded so that it gives a very strong impression when you drink it as an espresso. When it's being drunken as a filter, the fruity notes are expressed very pleasantly and unique hence experiencing what good coffee tastes like.
How this coffee is roasted
As this coffee has a beautiful juicy and syrupy texture, it is medium-light and fast-roasted. This profile enhances its fruity flavours as well as complex aroma and aftertaste.
- Origin: Ethiopia
- Region: Guji
- Farm: Uraga Gomoro
- Altitude: 1,950-2,300masl
- Variety: Heirloom
- Process: Natural(Purple)
- Best Ageing Window: 16-23 days
- Best as: Espresso
How to brew this coffee
- Espresso: 19g dose, 40g beverage yield, 24s extraction time
- Flavour Profile: Blueberry, grape, prune, black tea
- Milk: 23g dose, 42g beverage yield, 33s extraction time, 150g milk
- Flavour Profile: Berries, milk chocolate
- Pourover Filter: 15g dose, 45g water + 30s blooming, 1m 50s extraction time, total 240g water
- Brewing Method: Chanho-Tornado (Click here to see details of the brewing method)
- Flavour Profile: Blueberry, black grape, plum, prune, black tea