Aricha is the name of the washing station where this coffee is processed. Edido is the village, or kebele, where this coffee is grown and processed, in a microregion of Yirgacheffe. Aricha is about 8 kilometers from the center of Yirgacheffe Town. The soils in this region are red-brown clay soil, about 1.5 meters deep. We like the complex, almost tropical quality of coffees from Aricha, along with their juicy fruitiness and sugary, floral sweetness.
Not like other washed Ethiopians which are mainly floral, this Aricha has a little more fruitiness. This fruity characteristics makes this coffee more special in the cup. You will be definitely experiencing a very good quality Ethiopian coffee.
How this coffee is roasted
This coffee is light roasted but well developed to enhance its fruitiness.
- Origin: Ethiopia
- Region: Yirgacheffe
- Farm: Aricha
- Altitude: 1,800
- Variety: Heirloom
- Process: Washed
- Best Ageing Window: 14-21 days
- Best as: Pourover Filter
How to brew this coffee
- Espresso: 20g dose, 44g beverage yield, 20s extraction time
- Flavour Profile: Green tea, mandarin, melon
- Milk: 23g dose, 42g beverage yield, 29s extraction time, 150g milk
- Flavour Profile: White chocolate, citrus, a hint of green tea
- Pourover Filter: 15g dose, 45g water + 30s blooming, 1m 30s extraction time, total 225g water
- Brewing Method: Chanho-Tornado (Click here to see details of the brewing method)
- Flavour Profile: Green tea, rock melon, mandarin, lemon candy