Yirgacheffe is a “Coffee Growing Area” based on the Commercial Coffee Contracts from the Ethiopian Commodity Exchange (ECX). Yirgacheffe is located in the south of Ethiopia and it’s widely considered the birthplace of coffee. Many great coffee lots come from this area as it contains the popular areas of Worka, Koke, Konga, Beloya and the renowned Chelelektu.
In the past, lots purchased from the Yirgacheffe area could not be differentiated by mill eg. Konga or Chelelektu. Government regulations required all coffees from this region to be simply labelled “Yirgacheffe”. However with the recent changes made to the ECX, we are now able to trace some lots back to the town or even specific washing station they were produced. Also, in order to help roasters distinguish and identify these coffees, we continue to provide colour names that represent the cup profile for some of these beans.
Aricha White is a clean & floral washed processed coffee that has delicate, clean and balanced characteristics. Like a classical elegant Ethiopian washed Yirgacheffe, it brings warm and nice aromas as well as juicy sweet stonefruits and citrus. It's perfect as both espresso and filter.
How this coffee is roasted
This coffee is light roasted in order to highlight its floral notes and delicate fruity flavours.
- Origin: Ethiopia
- Region: Yirgacheffe
- Farm: Aricha
- Altitude: 1,950-2,300masl
- Variety: Heirloom
- Process: Washed(White)
- Best Ageing Window: 14-21 days
- Best as: Espresso, Pourover Filter
How to brew this coffee
- Espresso: 20g dose, 45g beverage yield, 26s extraction time
- Flavour Profile: Jasmine, mandarine, dark chocolate
- Milk: 23g dose, 40g beverage yield, 30s extraction time, 150g milk
- Flavour Profile: Milk chocolate, lemon jam
- Pourover Filter: 15g dose, 45g water + 30s blooming, 1m 45s extraction time, total 225g water
- Brewing Method: Chanho-Tornado (Click here to see details of the brewing method)
- Flavour Profile: Jamine, white floral, mandarine, white grape, tea-like finish