Finca Moreno is named after the Moreno family and the farm is run by its namesake, Pedro Moreno. Pedro is a third generation coffee producer who also grows vegetables including corn and beans to diversify his income; a true farmer. His family help out on the farm and he has already ensured the continuity of the coffee producing tradition in his family through his children and grandchildren, who are also coffee producers. This tradition has paid off, with Finca Moreno claiming 2nd place in both the 2008 and 2014 Cup of Excellence competitions.
“When we came to live in this area, we began to see the potential to produce coffee. We started with small plots that later became large farms, however it was not always so good, there were many years ofbad prices. It was until 2009 onwards that we began to opt for better markets that pay better for the quality of our coffee.”
This coffee, washed pacas from Finca Moreno has a very delicate lemongrass-like note which is unique and overwhelming the entire flavour profile. Along with the floral sensation, it is followed by other fruity characteristics such as grapefruit and pear, which makes the cup more enjoyable.
How this coffee is roasted
This coffee is light roasted but well developed to enhance its fruitiness and balance.
- Origin: Honduras
- Region: El Cedral, Santa Barbara
- Farm: Finca Moreno
- Altitude: 1,500masl
- Variety: Pacas
- Process: Washed
- Best Ageing Window: 14-21 days
- Best as: Espresso, Pourover Filter
How to brew this coffee
- Espresso: 20g dose, 44g beverage yield, 23s extraction time
- Flavour Profile: Lemongrass, grapefruit
- Milk: 23g dose, 46g beverage yield, 30s extraction time, 150g milk
- Flavour Profile: Pear, apricot jam, milk chocolate
- Pourover Filter: 15g dose, 45g water + 30s blooming, 1m 50s extraction time, total 225g water
- Brewing Method: Chanho-Tornado (Click here to see details of the brewing method)
- Flavour Profile: Lemongrass, grapefruit, pear