There have always been a large number of people who want a great quality decaf coffee, however, it is hard to find a good one because not many roasters care about this. So, we have been working on this for months, and finally, we are happy to introduce this highland grown specialty decaffeinated coffee. This coffee is E.A. processed. Sugarcane ethyl acetate (E.A.) processing, commonly referred to as natural decaffeination, starts by fermenting molasses derived from sugarcane to create ethanol. The ethanol is then mixed with acetic acid which creates ethyl acetate to decaffeinate the beans. As a result, this coffee enhances the true coffee's characteristics.
A great decaf bean should be suitable for both espresso and milk-based coffees. Thankfully, this Cedro Alto decaf has incredibly nice body and sweetness which support the flavour and structure along with its soft stewed fruits notes.
How this coffee is roasted
To give enough strength and flavour sensation, this is medium to dark roasted which gives a rounder and bold mouthfeel as well as chocolaty sweetness.
- Origin: Colombia
- Region: Huila
- Farm: Montavlo
- Altitude: 1,650-2,000masl
- Variety: Caturra
- Process: Sugarcane Ethyl Acetate
- Best Ageing Window: 5-12 days
- Best as: Milk, Espresso
How to brew this coffee
- Espresso: 19g dose, 32g beverage yield, 15s extraction time
- Flavour Profile: Toffee, caramel, dark chocolate
- Milk: 23g dose, 38g beverage yield, 25s extraction time, 150g milk
- Flavour Profile: Dark chocolate, caramel
- Pourover Filter: 15g dose, 45g water + 30s blooming, 1m 20s extraction time, total 195g water
- Brewing Method: Chanho-Tornado (Click here to see details of the brewing method)
- Flavour Profile: Toffee, caramel, cacao, stewed fruits