Cornerstone Blend was firstly made in 2019 in order to offer an alternative product to blend customers. As the Damn Good Blend was (and is still) dark roasted, there have been needs for lighter roasted blend coffee. According to the research we did, we wanted to make a blend that had a similar flavour profile to the Damn Good Coffee but just in a light roasting profile because the flavours of the Damn Good Blend was the most favourite ones by people.
How this coffee is roasted
So, with the same flavour concept, we adjusted the blend components and ratio. Then, designed a new medium roast profile for this coffee (Cornerstone Blend) to be used as a multi-functional blend (for black, milk, even filter). So, the Cornerstone Blend is roasted a little slower speed and at a medium range of temperature. This results in sweet, rich and smooth quality.
- Origin: Ethiopia Washed + Brazil Natural
- Best Ageing Window: 14-21 days
- Best as: Black Coffee, Milk Coffee
How to brew this coffee
- Espresso: 20g dose, 37g beverage yield, 24s extraction time
- Flavour Profile: Grape, plum, dark chocolate
- Milk: 22g dose, 40g beverage yield, 32s extraction time, 150g milk
- Flavour Profile: Vanilla, chocolate, malt
- Pourover Filter: 20g dose, 60g water + 30s blooming, 1m 40 s extraction time, total 280g water
- Brewing Method: Chanho-Tornado (Click here to see details of the brewing method)
- Flavour Profile: Grape, dark chocolate, plum