Damn Good Blend was firstly made in 2018 by adjusting and upgrading Normcore Milk Blend. The first theme of this coffee was to design a great milk coffee that can give an impression of 'Oh, it's Damn Good!' We researched so many different blend coffees from others, we tested many different beans, roasting profiles, extraction styles for months in order to find out what would be working. On top of that, we did surveys with our retail customers and wholesale clients. Then, finally, we found their wants and needs, and this was a blend that is heavy, chocolaty, sweet, rich and rounded hence the coffee flavour can cut through milk.
How this coffee is roasted
To develop 'Damn Good' quality of flavour and impression, we decided to roast the Damn Good Blend with a dark roasting profile. First of all, dark roasting can boost its heavy body as well as a dark chocolate note. Also, by controlling each section of roasting stages, the Damn Good Blend has approximately 20% more volume expansion which will increase extraction yield. Ultimately, this will help our customers extract better quality coffee.
- Origin: Brazil Natural, Ethiopia Washed and India Natural
- Best Ageing Window: 11-18 days
- Best as: Milk Coffee
How to brew this coffee
- Espresso: 18g dose, 26g beverage yield, 18s extraction time
- Flavour Profile: Dark chocolate, caramel, dried plum, heavy body
- Milk: 22g dose, 24g beverage yield, 36s extraction time, 150g milk
- Flavour Profile: Dark chocolate, vanilla malt milkshake, heavy body, smooth and rich mouthfeel
- Pourover Filter: 20g dose, 60g water + 30s blooming, 1m 30 s extraction time, total 240g water
- Brewing Method: Chanho-Tornado (Click here to see details of the brewing method)
- Flavour Profile: Dark chocolate, caramel, a hint of raisin