Quality Report - Ethiopia Yirgacheffe Moli Anaerobic Natural
About This Coffee
This lot is produced by the Desalegn Bergecho wet mill in the region of Edido, Yirgacheffe using fresh cherries supplied by local small holder farmers. With its stable and temperate climate and rich red brown soils, the region is perfectly suited to produce stunningly complex coffees.
The coffee is handpicked and then processed/ fermented anaerobically before being placed on raised African beds for 18-21 days (depending on weather conditions).
- Origin: Ethiopia
- Region: Yirgacheffe
- Farm/Coop/Mill: Moli
- Producer: Various Small Producers
- Variety: Heirloom
- Process: Anaerobic Natural
- Altitude: 1700 - 2200masl
- Harvest: October - December
- Sourcing Partner: Utopia Coffee
- Quality Score: 88
- Aroma: Boozy Dried Fruit
- Flavour: Orange, Rum, Raisin, Strawberry, Molasses
- Aftertaste: Molasses
- Acidity: Orange
- Body: Rum, Raisin and Strawberries
- Balance & Overall: A unique Anaerobic Natural coffee from Ethiopia with boozy and fruity flavours with a clean and short sugary finish.
Recommended Brewing Parameters
- Espresso: 20g In, 42g Out, 27 Seconds
- Milk-based (150ml): 23g In, 44g Out, 30 Seconds, 150g Milk
- Pourover Filter (Chanho-Tornado): 15g In, 225g Out, 2 Minute 00 Seconds (45G Bloom, 30 Seconds)