Quality Report - Honduras APROCASOL Anaerobic Natural
About This Coffee
This natural anaerobic processed microlot is sourced from the producers at SOLCAFE in Western Honduras. Located in the Opalaca mountain range, which is an extensive and narrow mountain region spanning 50Km, and reaching heights of over 2300masl.. The SOLCAFE Association was created by 37 small coffee producers in 2019 from the departments of Lempira and Intibuca. The name of the Association originates from the way in with the coffee is processed; solar drying – on patios and in green houses.
The producers started the group with the aim to improve the quality of life of the coffee producing families in the region. And form this, creating quality, sustainability and harmony with the environment. The group also seeks to be a viable alternative in the search for specialised and high value markets.
By 2022 SOLCAFE had increased its members to 180, of which 45 are women, and 135 men. All are small holders with an average of 4 hectares of land each. Most of the producer average around 6,700Kg of export grade coffee each year. With Rainforest Alliance, Fairtrade and Organic certification in place, the association is constantly stiving to improve the life of its members ad the socioeconomic and environmental welfare of the community.
- Origin: Honduras
- Region: Western Honduras
- Farm/Coop/Mill: SOLCAFE
- Producer: APROCASOL
- Variety: Catuai, Lempira, IHCAFE 90
- Process: Anaerobic Natural
- Altitude: 1300 - 1800masl
- Harvest: October - March
- Sourcing Partner: Bennetts Coffee
- Quality Score: 84
- Aroma: Nutty and Chocolaty
- Flavour: Orange, Raspberry, Walnut, Nectarine, Spices
- Aftertaste: Spices
- Acidity: Oranges
- Body: Raspberry and Walnut
- Balance & Overall: Great flavours of fruits, nuts and spices. low to medium acidity and a medium body.
Recommended Brewing Parameters
- Espresso: 20g In, 42g Out, 27 Seconds
- Milk-based (150ml): 23g In, 44g Out, 30 Seconds, 150g Milk
- Pourover Filter (Chanho-Tornado): 15g In, 225g Out, 2 Minute 00 Seconds (45G Bloom, 30 Seconds)