Finca Momoto is dedicated to produce excellent specialty coffee while following a strict set of personal values and innovative ideas of both its co-founders Luis and Aliss. These include, being friendly with nature, having social responsibilities, implementing sustainable farming, building long term relationships with customers, having transparency with our customers, incorporating technology and innovative ways to grow and process coffee, the rational use of agrochemicals in the farm combining them with organic and biological products and a focus on producing and exporting high-quality coffee.
All our coffee lots are Natural process. We strictly pick ripe coffee cherry which we pre dry on rise beds for about one week and then we take it to our dark room where we finish drying for another week using dehumidifiers. Once dried the coffee is stored for about two months or until it is time to prepare it for shipping.
Coffee preparation consist of peeling or hulling then size classification then density table classification and finally hand sorting.
This coffee has a very unique flavour profile. While deep fruity notes such as strawberry, plum and prune are expressed, unique spice flavours are also coming out of the cup. The combination of those special flavours gives you a very exciting experience.
How this coffee is roasted
So, this coffee is roasted a slightly more than other geishas to boost its sweetness and rich texture, which will ultimately enhance the balance of the coffee along with other complex flavours.
- Origin: Panama
- Region: Santa Clara, Boquete
- Farm: Finca Momoto
- Altitude: 1,500masl
- Variety: Geisha
- Process: Natural
- Best Ageing Window: 21-28 days
- Best as: Pourover Filter
How to brew this coffee
- Espresso: 20g dose, 45g beverage yield, 28s extraction time
- Flavour Profile: Rose, cherry, mandarin, grapefruit
- Milk: 23g dose, 42g beverage yield, 35s extraction time, 150g milk
- Flavour Profile: Cherry, chocolate, caramel, stewed fruits
- Pourover Filter: 15g dose, 45g water + 30s blooming, 1m 40s extraction time, total 225g water
- Brewing Method: Chanho-Tornado (Click here to see details of the brewing method)
- Flavour Profile: Rose, hibiscus, cherry, strawberry, mango, mandarin, yellow nectarine, grapefruit, cacao