Hacienda La Esmeralda is a Peterson family owned farm, located in a highland in Boquete region of Panama. The farm is very well known for the top-notch quality, exotic, unique geisha coffees for years.
As their quality and unique flavour characteristics stand out and shine through the cup, there have been a huge number of people, baristas, roasters and barista competitors loving their coffee.
We also have been using their best geishas for years in order to offer and share with our customers what the best coffee is and how it tastes like.
This special natural, Bosque lot 42 is one of the most fruity & complex Panamaian geisha coffee. This geisha has sensational complexity, fruit-forward characteristics as well as amazing juiciness.
How this coffee is roasted
To enhance its complex characteristics, this coffee is extremely light roasted.
- Origin: Panama
- Region: Boquete
- Farm: Jaramillo
- Altitude: 1,650
- Variety: Green Tip Geisha
- Process: Special Natural
- Best Ageing Window: 14-35 days
- Best as: Pourover Filter
How to brew this coffee
- Espresso: 19g dose, 48g beverage yield, 23s extraction time
- Flavour Profile: Strawberry, cherry, tropical, peach, cacao, black tea
- Milk: 23g dose, 43g beverage yield, 33s extraction time, 150g milk
- Flavour Profile: Strawberry cheese cake, milk chocolate
- Pourover Filter: 15g dose, 45g water + 30s blooming, 1m 30s extraction time, total 225g water
- Brewing Method: Chanho-Tornado (Click here to see details of the brewing method)
- Flavour Profile: Strawberry, mango, cherry, yellow peach, black tea, cacao