Ninety Plus was the first to naturally process the gesha variety in Panama. Perci - short for perspective - is named for the sense of discovery and possibility with natural processing of coffee, which had its beginnings with game-changing events in 2007. After bringing samples of its first experimental natural process coffees (fermented and dried in cherry) from Ethiopia to Panama in 2007 and sharing them with producer families in Boquete, a collaboration was made with Graciano Cruz of HiU Coffee and Jose David Garrido of Mama Cata to naturally process gesha for the first time for Ninety Plus.
Perci that is a very symbolic, signature processing coffee has been so popular for its quality natural processing characteristics. Not only the natural process has developed its uniqueness but also the anaerobic technic has opened and has given a whole new flavour profile to this coffee hence so complex, unique and just fantastic.
How this coffee is roasted
To enhance its complexity and unique profile, this Perci Gesha is roasted light.
- Origin: Panama
- Region: Volcan
- Farm: Ninety Plus Gesha Estate
- Altitude: 1,500 - 1,700 masl
- Variety: Gesha
- Process: Anaerobic Natural
- Best Ageing Window: 18-25 days
- Best as: Pourover Filter
How to brew this coffee
- Espresso: 19g dose, 45g beverage yield, 23s extraction time
- Flavour Profile: Tropical, dark chocolate, cardamon
- Milk: 23g dose, 42g beverage yield, 35s extraction time, 150g milk
- Flavour Profile: Irish coffee, cheese cake
- Pourover Filter: 15g dose, 45g water + 30s blooming, 1m 40s extraction time, total 225g water
- Brewing Method: Chanho-Tornado (Click here to see details of the brewing method)
- Flavour Profile: Pomegranate, pineapple, dark chocolate, cardamon