Quality Report - Ethiopia Uraga Nebiri Supernatural
About This Coffee
Ever heard of an ‘African Massage’? Travel to the Uraga Gomoro washing station near the town of Dilla in the back of a 4WD and you’ll get the experience for free. Bumping up and down, side to side, descending a mountain so steep, to a ridge that the washing station is perched on, that surely the truck cannot climb back up to leave again. But luckily, the thought of potentially pushing a truck over boulders leaves your mind, as the views from that ridge are enough to empty the mind of all other thoughts. And so, we experience the magic of Ethiopia. It is no surprise that the world is continuously bewildered with the flavours of Uraga.
We have been impressed by the quality of coffees processed from this washing station, and with a selection of cherries going towards our specialised Carbonic Maceration techniques, we can explore these coffees under further processing, allowing us even more variety in how we experience the flavours of this Woreda.
- Origin: Ethiopia
- Region: Uraga
- Farm/Coop/Mill: Nebiri
- Producer: Various Small Producers
- Variety: Heirloom
- Process: Supernatural
- Altitude: 1950 - 2300masl
- Harvest: October - January
- Sourcing Partner: Project Origin
- Quality Score: 89
- Aroma: Smells of Ripe Pears
- Flavour: Orange, Pear, Apricot, White Peach
- Aftertaste: Clean White Peach finish
- Acidity: Oranges
- Body: Pear and Apricot
- Balance & Overall: Overall very balanced and high quality coffee which greatly showcase the unique pear like flavours and other stone-fruits.
Recommended Brewing Parameters
- Espresso: 20g In, 42g Out, 27 Seconds
- Milk-based (150ml): 23g In, 43g Out, 30 Seconds, 150g Milk
- Pourover Filter (Chanho-Tornado): 15g In, 225g Out, 2 Minute 00 Seconds (45G Bloom, 30 Seconds)