Suppose you're a fan of pour-over coffee. Try this Chemex recipe from Seungbaek Kim, the 2022 Korea Brewers Cup Champion.
- 20g light-roasted coffee
- Fine grind size
- Water temperature of 93 degrees Celsius
- Rinse the paper filter using hot water to remove any paper taste and preheat the Chemex.
- Add 20g of finely ground coffee to the filter.
- Pour 40ml of water over the coffee, ensuring all the grounds are saturated. Wait for 40 seconds.
- Add 80ml of water and shake the Chemex (2 seconds) to stir the coffee instead of using a spoon.
- After another 40 seconds, add another 80ml of water.
- Finally, after another 40 seconds, add the remaining 70ml of water.
- Remove the filter paper at 2 minutes and 45 seconds.
And there you have it, a delicious cup of coffee using the Chemex! Here's a bonus tip from Seungbaek Kim - double grinding. Start with a coarse grind to remove coffee chaff, then grind again using a finer setting. Using finer grind, you can get the most flavourful coffee!
Try this recipe and see if it becomes your new go-to for making coffee with the Chemex.