If you're a coffee lover, you know there are countless ways to brew a delicious cup of coffee. One method that has stood the test of time is the French press. Also known as a press pot or plunger pot, the French press is a simple and effective way to brew coffee. In this post, we'll share a French press recipe that will result in a rich and flavourful cup of coffee every time.
What You'll Need:
- Coarsely ground coffee beans
- Hot water (around 93°C)
- French press
- Coffee scoop or tablespoon
- Start by boiling water and letting it cool for a minute or two to get the right temperature.
- Measure out the coffee beans according to the desired strength. We recommend a 1:15 coffee-to-water ratio.
- Add the coffee grounds to the French press.
- Pour the hot water over the coffee grounds and stir to ensure all the coffee is saturated with water.
- Place the lid on the French press with the plunger in the up position and let the coffee steep for 3-4 minutes.
- Slowly press the plunger down, pushing the coffee grounds to the bottom of the press.
- Pour the coffee into your mug, and enjoy!
- Longer Brew time for a lighter roast, shorter brew time for a darker roast.
- Adjust the coffee-to-water ratio according to your preference.
- If the coffee is too weak, add more coffee grounds next time. If it's too strong, reduce the amount of coffee used.
The French press is a classic brewing method that can produce a delicious and full-bodied cup of coffee. You can enjoy a rich and flavourful coffee at home with the right technique and ingredients. Try this French press recipe and see for yourself how easy and rewarding it can be to make a perfect cup of coffee.